Faculty Development training
Faculty development training course (FDTc) have proven to be successful for improving
teaching skills in higher education. This course is very effective for teachers in their profession
and building a good interactive relationship with student. To create a learning environment it’s
imperative to have learning activities in the workplace.
Planning curriculum is an art which needs to be taught in order to develop a course outline and
preparing students for present and future challenges in their careers. Knowledge, skills and
competencies are very important to expose in the way they are needed to be so the adoption of
different innovative andragogy techniques is very necessary to learn.
- To Create a learning environment in the universities
- To maintain a student teacher interaction in a productive way
- To train teachers to develop curriculum in a more required way to meet present and
- To train teachers about their responsibilities and duties towards the teaching profession.
- To produce professional teachers who have the theoretical knowledge and understanding,
practical skills, competencies, and commitment necessary to teach at high
- To introduce teachers to a variety of innovative teaching methods, using case studies,
problem based learning, simulation teaching techniques etc.
- To promote the knowledge and implementation of curriculum in classroom settings.
- To enable teachers to select, construct and use assessment strategies to monitor student
- To enable teachers to improve their management skills, and utilize them in the classroom
- To develop teachers' research skills so that they can contribute to the existing knowledge
in their respective fields.
- To strengthen teachers' communication skills
- To enable teachers to impart quality education and knowledge to their students.
Content of Faculty Development
- Innovative andragogy techniques
- Introducing assessment for learning
- Paradigm shifts (teacher as instructional manager, active role of teacher into passive,
learning outcomes into evaluation )
- Exploring and polishing for decision making steps
- Planning and developing course outline for counseling and guidance
- Student’s preparation for present and future challenges
- Developing co-relation among core and allied subjects
- Leading and managing students (interaction with students)
- Student’s evaluation aspects (tools, procedure, format) patterned destination or defined
- Developing Learning instinct
- Staff/faculty members’ productive interactions
- Promoting action research
- Teacher’s self performance monitor
Course Duration: 02 Days
No. of Participants: 15(min) and 20 (max)