You have 9 weeks 6 days remaining for the course
AD-2: Business & Corporate Law
Business & Corporate Law
This course is designed to equip the students with comprehensive knowledge of business and corporate laws that they will be required to apply in organizations in practical life. This includes the business laws practices globally and specifically in Pakistan. It will include the contracts, agency, partnership and laws related to company formation and its administration according to SECP.
By the end of the course, students will be able to understand:
- The nature and types of contracts, discharge and remedies available for breach of contract
- What is agency relationship, rights and duties of agents and principal and consequences.
- What is partnership, its formation and relationship of partners (Internal and External)
- Incorporation of companies and shares allotment.
- Company management and administration.
Law of Contract
- Definition and Kinds of contract
- Offer and acceptance
- Conditions, free consent, without coercion and undue influence
- Void, valid, and voidable contacts agreement performance and discharge of agreement
- Indemnity and Guarantee
- Bailment and pledge
- Agency, rights and duties of agents and principal
- What is Partnership ( At will and Particular)
- Types and kinds of partnership
- Rights and duties of partners
- Authority of partners
- Dissolution or termination of partnership
Companies Act: Types and Incorporation
- What are different types of companies and their formation
- Memorandum of association and article of association.
- Shares their Registration and charge
Management and Administration of Companies
- Registration Office and publication of name
- Appointment, rights and duties of directors
- Removal and disqualification of directors
- Chief Executive appointment, rights, duties and removal
- Sources of finance and investment in other companies and undertakings.
- Share Capital and debentures
- Dividend and its payment
- Data protection, Accounts, Criminal and Ethical laws
Winding Up and Insolvency of Business
- Corporate insolvency
- Mode of winding up (through court, voluntary and by supervision of court)